- Hoppy tow vehicle wiring kit
- Add a 4-way flat to many GM vehicles by simply plugging into the factory tow package
- Provides 2 additional wires in the harness for electric brakes and auxiliary power
- Includes dust cover, wire ties, ground screw, and grease packet
1. Locate the vehicle factory wiring harness (A) located behind the rear bumper. This harness should have the same connector end as the Hoppy® vehicle connector.
2. Remove (and save) the protective cap from the harness. Be careful not to break the locking tab on the connector. Clean mating surfaces of the connector if needed. Apply a small amount of grease to the connector to prevent corrosion.
3. Plug the Hoppy® vehicle connector (B) into the vehicle factory wiring harness. Be sure the connector is fully inserted with the locking tab in place.
NOTE: Your Hoppy® connector has two additional wires for use on 6 or 7-way connectors. The blue wire is for electric brakes, the red wire is for auxiliary power. Be sure to wire your vehicle and trailer by function only. Color coding is not standard among all manufacturers. The auxiliary power lead must be connected under the vehicle hood for proper operation. Once the hood is open, a bracket in the corner closest to the driver’s side door must be removed. Remove the cover for the driver’s side power distribution box. There should be a red wire with a ring terminal loose under the cover. Remove the power terminal nut and place the ring terminal on bolt. Once all components are reinstalled, a 20 amp. fuse will be need to be placed in the upper right receptacle.
4. Apply a small amount of terminal grease to the 4-way flat (C) and plug it into the trailer.
5. Secure excess wire to the vehicle using the ties provided.
6. To ensure proper installation, check all functions with the engine running.
TIPS: Grease applied to the trailer wiring terminals on a regular basis will help prevent corrosion. A heavy duty flasher may be required to eliminate rapid flashing. Always unplug boat trailer conne
This kit will fit the vehicles listed below
- Chevy, GMC, Oldsmobile, Cadillac, Buick, Hummer
- Chevy Silverado 2500/3500 2000-2009
Chevy Avalance 2002-2009
Chevy Suburban 2000-2009
Chevy Tahoe 2000-2009
Chevy Trailblazer 2002-2009
- GMC Sierra 2500/3500 2000-2009
GMC Yukon 2000-2009
GMC Envoy 2002-2009
- Oldsmobile Bravada 2002-2004
- Cadillac Escalade 2001-2009
- Buick Rainier 2004-2007
- Hummer H2 2003-2009
Hummer H3 2006-2009